Our hope and prayer is that all of the children we serve will gain the skills necessary to be transformed adults who have 21st century knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Education is the key, and across the globe VisionTrust staff strive faithfully to support the learning needs of our children. However, we lack resources and facilities. Many of the children we serve come from homes and communities with little or no educational supports—their best opportunity comes from VisionTrust Learning Centers and schools.
Our Educational Development Fund is seeking $250,000 to support several basic and innovative projects in four countries, as well as research and development in all 17 countries we serve. This level of funding will support a global resource website, teacher professional development in each country and specific projects from computer labs to classroom construction.
NEEDS BY COUNTRY:
- Dominican Republic – Computer labs, English language learning software, classroom furniture, projectors, vocational program development. Cost: $50,000
- Malawi – Learning Center expansion, basic learning supplies, library books and materials, playground, adult literacy classes. Cost: $50,000
- Brazil – School construction. Cost: $75,000 for the first level
- Liberia – Library books and materials, textbooks, basic learning supplies. Cost $25,000
- Global – Web based professional development and reporting capabilities. Cost $25,000
Thanks to partnerships with the Retail Orphan Initiative, the Thrive in Joy Nick Fagnano Foundation and Fellowship Greenville Church we received commitments for almost $90,000 in 2015 but we have a long ways to go. Will you help us by donating today?
For updates or questions about these or other education initiatives please contact Eric Scheberl at firstname.lastname@example.org.